Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Homemade Pesto
2 cup(s), leaves
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Grated Parmesan cheese
2 clove(s), large, peeled
1½ pound(s), cut into 8 (1⁄2-inch-thick) steaks
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium, or prepare medium fire in charcoal grill.
- In small skillet, cook pine nuts over medium heat, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate and let cool.
- In blender or food processor, add cooled pine nuts, basil, broth, cheese, oil, garlic, and salt and process until pesto is smooth.
- Off heat, coat cauliflower lightly with nonstick spray and transfer to grill. Close lid and cook cauliflower, carefully turning once, until tender, charred, and marked from grill, about 10 minutes. Transfer to platter or plates. Spoon pesto over top.
- Serving size: 1 cauliflower steak with 2 tbsp pesto