Grilled carrots with lemon and mint
2 tsp(s), or to taste
Fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
12 medium, peeled (about 1/2-inch-thick in middle; 1 3/4 lb)
Olive oil cooking spray
Fresh mint leaves
3 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- Coat carrots with cooking spray. Grill until lightly charred and almost tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Brush carrots with some lemon mixture; continue cooking, brushing once or twice more with lemon mixture, until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots to a serving platter and drizzle with remaining lemon mixture (or just a little if too lemony for your taste); sprinkle with mint. Yields 1 carrot per serving.