Green pea soup with yogurt-dill cream
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
2 medium, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
1½ medium, chopped, white and light green part(about 2 cups)
2 clove(s), medium, peeled
1¼ tsp(s), divided, or more to taste
¼ pinch, divided
Frozen green peas
10 oz, thawed (about 2 cups)
Plain fat free yogurt
3 tbsp(s), chopped, divided
¼ cup(s), diced
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, potatoes, leeks, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add peas to saucepan, stir and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes; remove saucepan from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons of dill, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper until smooth; set aside.
- Puree soup in saucepan using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender (be careful not to splatter hot liquid); stir in remaining 1 tablespoon of dill.
- To serve, ladle 1 cup of soup into each of 6 small soup bowls. Top each with 4 teaspoons of yogurt mixture, swirling mixture into soup. Then top each serving with about 2 teaspoons of tomato.