Low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp(s), fresh, minced
1 clove(s), medium, minced
¼ cup(s), fresh, divided
¾ tsp(s), divided
½ pinch, , divided
Uncooked halibut fillet(s)
- To make marinade, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a baking dish or bowl; set aside.
- Wash fish and pat it dry. Rub remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper into both sides of halibut. Add fish to marinade, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate, turning once or twice, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Set a heavy skillet over medium heat; add oil. When oil beings to shimmer, add fish; cook until the flesh is no longer translucent, flipping once, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillets. Immediately remove fish to a serving plate and tent to keep warm.
- Set same skillet over medium heat; add marinade and cook until marinade thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour marinade over fish and garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve immediately. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces fish per serving.