French Potato and Chicken Salad
Uncooked red potato(es)
1 pound(s), small, scrubbed
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Uncooked green snap beans
2 rib(s), medium, stalks, thinly sliced
4 oz, green, seedless, halved (about 1 cup)
Fresh lemon juice
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup(s), fat-free
3 Tbsp, leaves, chopped
¼ pinch, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add the potatoes, and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon or strainer; set potatoes aside but maintain the water’s boil.
- Meanwhile, spray the broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray; preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken breasts 5 inches from the heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set aside
- Add the green beans to the boiling water; blanch until crisp-tender (no more than 2 minutes), then drain in a colander set in the sink.
- When chicken has cooled, slice it into bite-size chunks. Slice the potatoes into 1-inch chunks, cut the beans into 1-inch strips, and gently toss with the chicken. Add the celery and grapes.
- Whisk the lemon juice, broth, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk in the tarragon, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking all the while, until the dressing turns creamy, about 1 minute. Toss the salad with this dressing, taking care not to break up the potatoes. If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.