12 gm, fresh
1¼ cup(s), warm
Whole-grain wheat flour
2 spear(s), medium, sliced lengthwise with a cheese grater
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 medium, halved
2 tbsp(s), also recommended to use oregano, sage, or basil, or to taste
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ medium, thinly sliced
Green hot chili peppers
1 item(s), sliced
- Mix together yeast, salt, honey and water until the yeast is dissolved. Mix in oil and then flour, a little at a time. Knead together until a smooth dough is formed, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Let the dough rise, while covered, for about 1 hour.
- Set the oven to 392°F.
- Oil a baking sheet (about 30x40 cm) with 1 tablespoon of oil and roll out the dough. Allow the dough to continue to rise, while covered for another 30-40 minutes.
- Slice asparagus in length, preferably with a cheese grater, halve tomatoes, thinly slice the onion, and slice chili.
- Press fingers into the dough so that small pits are formed in it. Spread the remaining oil over the dough. Lay out all of the toppings to form a vegetable landscape. Top with sea salt and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let the focaccia cool and cut up into 25 pieces.