Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
3 tbsp(s), finely chopped
2 medium, green parts only, finely chopped
Fresh lemon juice
White wine vinegar
1 tbsp(s), or red wine vinegar
3 clove(s), large, 1 finely chopped, 1 cut into halves, and 1 peeled and smashed
½ tsp(s), divided
¼ tsp(s), divided
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
1 pound(s), at room temperature
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, stir the parsley, scallions, lemon juice, oil, vinegar, finely chopped garlic, 1⁄4 tsp salt, and 1⁄8 tsp black pepper.
- Arrange an oven rack 4 inches from the broiler. Preheat the broiler on high. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Rub both sides with the garlic halves. Season with the remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp black pepper. Transfer to the prepared pan. Broil the steak until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the steak and broil until well-browned on the outside but pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Serve with the sauce.
- Yields about 3 oz steak and 1 1⁄2 tbsp saucee per serving.