Flank steak sandwiches with avocado salsa
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 cup(s), (1 pint), halved
California (Hass) avocado
½ item(s), pitted, peeled, and diced
½ medium, finely chopped
½ cup(s), chopped fresh
1 medium, seeded and minced
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
2 clove(s), medium, peeled and halved
Whole wheat bread
6 oz, 4 x 1½-ounce slices country-style, toasted
- To make salsa, stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and vinegar in medium bowl.
- Spray rack of broiler pan with nonstick spray and preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle steak with oregano, salt, and black pepper. Place steak on prepared broiler rack and broil steak 5 inches from heat until instant- read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- Rub cut side of garlic over one side of each slice of toasted bread. Top evenly with steak and salsa.
- Serving size: 1 open-face sandwich