DIY Burrito Bowls
TruLOCAL Ground Beef (1 lb)
Uncooked sweet onions
1 medium, yellow, diced
2 clove(s), medium, minced
1 tsp(s), or olive oil
Chopped romaine lettuce
1 head(s), shredded
Raw medium grain white rice
Raw Florida avocado
2 item(s), ripe
1 cup(s), fresh or store-bought
Canned corn kernels
1 cup(s), fresh or frozen
1 tsp(s), one bunch, roughly chopped
2 item(s), cut into wedges
- In a small pot, add rice, 2 cups of water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes (or as indicated on package) until rice can be fluffed with a fork.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add oil and sauté onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute, ensuring it does not burn.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, season with sea salt, and cook until browned on all sides. As the ground beef begins to cook add the chilli powder, cumin and paprika and ensure it is well combined with the beef and continue to cook until no longer pink.
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Roughly chop the lettuce into bite size pieces, rinse corn under hot water to thaw (if frozen), cut lime into wedges and roughly chop coriander.
- To make a quick guacamole, remove avocado flesh from both avocados and add to a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt, a handful of chopped coriander, add the juice of half a lime and use a fork to mash it all together.
- Add chopped romaine, guacamole, salsa, corn, coriander and lime wedges to separate bowls for service.
- Once the rice and the beef are cooked, transfer them to two separate bowls for service.
- Place all bowls on the table to build a DIY burrito bowls bar and combine the ingredients to build the bowl of your choice.