Crispy Pan-Fried Noodles with Stir-Fried Veggies
Uncooked egg noodles
10 oz, Chinese variety
1 tbsp(s), divided
No-salt-added chicken stock
Low sodium soy sauce
Baby bok choy
Toasted sesame oil
2 cup(s), small florets
Uncooked pea pods (snow, sugar snap)
2 cup(s), halved lengthwise
1 cup(s), chopped
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 small, thinly sliced
3 clove(s), large, minced
- In large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain noodles.
- Bring a Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high. Divide the noodles into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 5-inch circle. Add 1 1⁄2 tsp of the canola oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add 2 portions of noodles and cook, undisturbed, until crispy and browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Coat the top of the noodles with cooking spray. Turn the noodles over and cook until crispy and browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan. Repeat with the remaining canola oil and noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Thinly slice the bok choy stems and coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a wok or 12-inch skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high. Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes, tossing. Add the bok choy stems, snow peas, scallions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the bok choy leaves and cook for 1 minute. Whisk the sauce and stir into the vegetable mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Spoon the vegetables and sauce over the crisped noodles.
- Serving size: 1 noodle section and about 1 cup vegetables