Crispy Italian Wontons
Olive oil cooking spray
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Reduced-fat pesto sauce
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
3 tbsp(s), chopped
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Rice paper wrappers
Store-bought marinara sauce
1 cup(s), warmed
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Coat a large baking sheet with a good amount of cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, pesto, peppers and mozzarella.
- Place wonton wrappers on prepared baking sheet so wontons become saturated with oil.
- Place 15ml (1 Tbsp) ricotta mixture onto centre of each wrapper. Dip a finger into water and use it to moisten edges of wrapper; fold over one corner of wrapper to make a triangle and press sides together to create a seal. If desired, create decorative lines along edges of wontons by pressing tines of a fork along bottom edge of each wonton.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown on edges and dough is just cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.