Cold sesame noodles with tofu
Uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
½ pound(s), or whole wheat udon
Plain baked tofu
8 oz, cut into cubes
1½ cup(s), green parts only, chopped
Low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp(s), unseasoned
Dark sesame oil
Garlic chili paste
1 tbsp(s), finely chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup pasta cooking water. Drain noodles and rinse.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, tofu, and scallions and toss gently but well.
- In cup, whisk reserved cooking water, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, oil, garlic-chili sauce, and honey.
- Pour sauce over noodles and toss gently but well to coat noodles. Store in refrigerator in 1 container or individual containers. Before serving, toss noodles and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.