Chopped Greek Salad with Creamy Yogourt Dressing
- 3/4 cup(s) low fat plain yogurt, (175 ml) (not Greek)
- 3 Tbsp water, (45 ml)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, (10 ml)
- 1 tsp lemon zest, (5 ml)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, (15 ml) (or to taste)
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), very finely minced
- 1 Tbsp dill, (15 ml) fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano, (5 ml)
- 1/2 tsp table salt, (2 ml) or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, (1 ml) freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 medium cucumber(s), English variety, diced
- 2 medium yellow pepper(s), diced
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, (500 ml) halved
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese, (125 ml)
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh mint leaves, (175 ml) leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup(s), chopped uncooked red onion(s), (75 ml)
- 12 medium olive(s), Kalamata, pitted, sliced
- Whisk together yogourt, water, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, dill, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl; spoon on dressing and toss to coat.
- Serving size: 375 ml (1 ½ cups)
Make individual servings of this salad into a super-trendy salad-in-a-jar: Spoon about 37 ml (2 1/2 Tbsp)of the dressing into the bottom of each jar and layer with 375 ml (1 ½ cups)of the salad ingredients. When ready to eat - just shake.