Chinese Chicken Balls
3 clove(s), large, minced
¼ cup(s), fresh, minced
1½ cup(s), finely diced
1½ cup(s), chopped
Low sodium soy sauce
Sherry cooking wine
½ cup(s), fresh, minced
Uncooked 93% lean ground chicken
Fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add ginger; cook for 1 minute more. Add mushrooms; stir to combine, scrapping bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon. Add soy sauce and sherry to deglaze skillet; cook for about 5 minutes more. Add scallions; cook until wilted. Add cilantro; turn off heat.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl; add mushroom mixture and combine thoroughly. Fill each muffin hole with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture shaped into a ball with your hands (or you can use a large ice cream scoop to shape balls, if desired).
- Bake until juices bubble up clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine preserves, water, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Serve chicken balls with dipping sauce on the side. Yields 1 chicken ball and about 2 teaspoons sauce per serving.