Chicken sauté with bell peppers and goat cheese
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, cut into chunks
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp(s), divided
Orange bell pepper
2 medium, yellow and/or red, cut into strips
2 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), medium, minced
Canned tomato sauce
¼ cup(s), sliced or torn
Soft-type goat cheese
6 tbsp(s), at room temperature
- On a plate, combine flour, salt and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; toss to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onions are very tender and light golden, about 12 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and water; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in basil; crumble goat cheese over top. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.