Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), (four 4 oz pieces), pounded thin
2 large, lightly beaten
Dried plain breadcrumbs
½ tsp(s), or to taste
Canned tomato sauce
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup(s), shredded, shredded
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°C(186°F). Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper; using a rolling pin, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and salt. Dip chicken in egg whites; turn to coat. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture; turn to thoroughly coat.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add oil; heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes per side (cook chicken in batches if necessary).
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into prepared baking dish; place chicken in pan in a single layer. Pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken; sprinkle with both cheeses. Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Yields 1 piece of chicken per serving.