Chicken pad Thai
Packaged rice noodles
7 oz, cook per package instructions
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
Asian fish sauce
¼ cup(s), divided
4 cup(s), florets
1 medium, finely sliced
Fresh lime juice
¼ cup(s), divided
1½ tsp(s), fresh, finely minced
4 tsp(s), divided
Green hot chili peppers
1 tsp(s), or red chili pepper, Thai-variety, deveined, seeded, minced*
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Uncooked bean sprouts
Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
2½ oz, salted, minced (about 1/2 cup)
½ cup(s), fresh, minced
- Soak noodles in cold water for 1 hour.
- Place chicken in a small bowl and cover with 1 tablespoon of fish sauce; set aside.
- Steam broccoli and carrot until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately immerse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, sugar, water and ginger; mix well and set aside.
- Coat a large wok or skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons of oil. When hot, add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm; set aside.
- Drain noodles thoroughly. Off heat, coat same wok or skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. When hot, sauté garlic and chili pepper until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add noodles and fish sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is mostly absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and peanuts; remove from heat. Add remaining tablespoon of lime juice, bean sprouts, cilantro, broccoli and carrots; mix well.
- Serve immediately. Yields about 2 cups per serving.