Chicken Cacciatore by Chef Clay Smith
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh(s)
1 medium, sliced
1 stalk(s), medium, sliced
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, roughly chopped
1 medium, roughly chopped
2 clove(s), medium, minced
Canned whole peeled tomatoes
28 oz, (1 x 796mL can), preferably San Marzano
Red wine vinegar
2 tsp(s), or white wine vinegar
Bruschetta by Chef Clay Smith
¼ cup(s), (optional)
¼ cup(s), roughly torn, as garnish
- Over the stovetop, pre-heat a large sauté or braiser pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add oil and chicken into pan, skin side down.
- Continue cooking over medium-high heat until chicken is browned.
- Flip chicken over and add carrots, peppers, celery and onions into the pan.
- Continue cooking over medium-high heat, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic into pan and continue to cook for an additional minute before adding the tin tomatoes.
- Gently break up tomatoes and incorporate into the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and let cook over low heat for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is falling off the bone.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar, salt, basil and bruschetta.
- Mix together and serve.