Butterscotch Bundt Cake
7 tbsp(s), divided
Dark brown sugar
2 cup(s), firmly packed
Low fat cream cheese
Regular liquid egg substitute
Fat free skim milk
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is blended and glossy, 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a fork to combine; set aside.
- On low speed, beat remaining 3 tablespoons margarine into brown sugar mixture. Beat in cream cheese and vanilla.
- On low speed, gradually beat in egg substitute. Mix until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture and milk, alternating, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Cool in pan on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over cake before slicing into 16 pieces.