Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
3 medium, peeled
Uncooked bok choy
10 oz, (2 heads)
2 clove(s), large
Unpacked light brown sugar
Uncooked lean trimmed beef eye round
10 oz, thinly sliced
- Heat pot of water to boiling.Halve carrots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.Cut off and discard root end of bok choy; roughly chop,separating white stems and green leaves. Cut broccoli into small florets. Peel and finely chop garlic; using flat of knife, smash into paste. In a bowl, combine next five ingredients with garlic paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat beef dry; place in bowl, top with flour, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. In nonstick pan, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add beef; cook without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Continue to cook,stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until browned and just cooked through. Leaving any browned bits in pan, transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli to pot of boiling water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Drain.
- Add carrots and bok choy stems to pan. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally,2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add garlic sauce.Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes,until veggies are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add beef, broccoli, and chopped bok choy leaves to pan. Cook, stirring frequently,1 to 2 minutes, or until coated and heated through.