Baked Eggs with Hash Browns and Canadian Bacon
1 tsp(s), (5 ml)
Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
3 cup(s), (750 ml)
1 small, thinly sliced
¼ tsp(s), (1 ml)
¼ tsp(s), (1 ml) plus more for garnish
Uncooked Canadian bacon
3 slice(s), diced
Olive oil cooking spray
- Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Coat a 12hole standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat; add oil and swirl to coat pan. Reduce heat to mediumhigh; add potatoes, onion, salt and thyme. Sauté until lightly golden and tender, 57 minutes; remove from skillet. Spoon about 60 ml (1/4 cup) potato mixture into each prepared muffin hole; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to heat; add bacon. Sauté until crispy on edges, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Crack an egg, one at a time, into a small ramekin or cup; gently slide an egg into each muffin hole. Bake for 9 minutes; remove from oven and evenly divide bacon over eggs. Return pan to oven; bake for 3 minutes more.
- To serve, run a knife around edge of each egg and lift out onto individual plates or a serving platter; sprinkle with dried thyme and serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 baked egg with hash brown crust