Asian-spiced salmon with baby bok choy and shiitakes
Low sodium soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Uncooked bok choy
3 oz, halved, rinsed
Fresh shiitake mushroom
8 oz, stemmed, halved
Shredded red cabbage
¼ cup(s), chopped
2 tbsp(s), toasted
Uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, honey and hot chili sauce; add salmon and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking pans with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray (or just coat pans with cooking spray).
- Place salmon on center of one prepared pan; reserve marinade.
- Add bok choy to marinade; toss to coat and place around salmon.
- Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade; toss to coat and spread on second prepared baking pan.
- Place pan with salmon on top rack and place other pan on bottom rack; roast until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions and sesame seeds. Yields 1 salmon fillet, 1 baby bok choy, 1/2 cup mushrooms/cabbage, 1 tablespoon scallions and 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds per serving.