Arctic Char Tempura Skewers
Cooked arctic char
Low sodium soy sauce
Unpacked light brown sugar
1 clove(s), large, minced
1 tsp(s), minced, fresh
1 egg white(s), large
¼ cup(s), (ice water)
- Preheat oven to 400oF (200° C). Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray. Cut fish into 2-inch cubes and set aside.
- To make the marinade, in a dish, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chilies. Add fish cubes and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To make the batter, in a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk egg white until frothy and then whisk in ice water. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk quickly to combine.
- Remove fish from marinade and shake off excess. Dip fish into batter and turn to coat. Skewer cubes onto four skewers.
- Transfer skewers to prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, until fish is golden brown.