Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
Raw white short grain rice
1¼ cup(s), cooked, cooled
4 tbsp(s), cut on bias, divided
Unsalted toasted sesame seeds
3 tsp(s), white and black, toasted
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
3 small, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), diced
California (Hass) avocado
1 item(s), diced
4 cup(s), toasted, crumbled
Uncooked bluefin tuna
12 oz, (sushi grade tuna), chilled, cut into 1 cm cubes, or canned if preferred
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Rinse and cook rice according to package instructions; spread rice out on a large baking sheet and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together tuna, 3 Tbsp scallion, ½ tbsp of the toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and ¼ cup of ponzu sauce. Place tuna mixture in fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the sambal oelek chili paste and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Divide the rice among 4 serving bowls; divide the radish, cucumber, pickled ginger, and avocado between the four bowls arranging around the perimeter of the bowl.
- Place the spicy mayo into the centre of the bowl. Divide the tuna mixture between the four bowls, and palce atop the mayonnaise. Garnish with the toasted nori, remaining scallion, and sesame seeds.