Creative ways to use WW bread
Have you tried WW bread products?. From grab-and-go breakfasts to meal-worthy wraps, this list of inspiring suggestions will give you plenty of ideas for how you can put WW bread products to good use.
Wrap it up, WW style!
Whether you choose WW white tortillas or go for the 100% whole wheat or multigrain with flax tortillas for wraps, quesadillas, or burritos (to name but a few options!), these menu ideas will tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling satiated for hours after you’ve eaten.
- Have fun with dips and spreads! Liven up homemade wraps by adding a dollop or two of WW-friendly dips such as hummus, tzatziki, baba ganoush, or tapenade mixed with plain Greek yogurt.
- Or try this: Hummus and shredded chicken vegetable wraps
- Make a healthy burrito using up leftovers in the fridge. Fillings can include leftover shredded meat or rotisserie chicken, cooked grains and/or legumes, coleslaw or other hardy salad greens, prepared salsa, and refried beans. Wrap the burrito in foil and warm in the oven until the filling is hot.
- Have a sweet tooth? Prepare a dessert quesadilla using your choice of wrap, a tablespoon of almond butter, thinly sliced apple, and a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy after the quesadilla has slightly cooled as this will allow the warmed up almond butter to partially set.
Have more fun with English muffins
If you think all English muffins are destined for the toaster, you might be surprised to discover how truly versatile this beloved baked good can be. Made with 100% whole wheat, these WW English muffins are sure to become a family favourite.
- Create your own breakfast sandwich at home. Who needs the drive-thru when you’ve got English muffins? Keep your sunny-side eggs perfectly English muffin-shaped by cracking the eggs directly onto the hot pan and into the metal rings found on canning jars.
- Or try this: Egg, turkey, avocado and tomato sandwiches
- Turn an English muffin into a personal-size pizza. Halved English muffins are an ideal blend of crispy and pleasantly chewy when used as the base for homemade pizza, and their individual size makes portions easy to track. Go with tradition and top with tomato sauce, a few pieces of pepperoni, and grated cheese or recreate your local Italian restaurant’s twist on artisanal pizza in the comfort of your own home.
Get ready to fall in love with bread again
Just because you’re committed to following a healthy eating plan, doesn’t mean bread is off the table. In fact, WW bread (available in white, 100% whole wheat, and light rye) and multigrain sandwich thins are perfectly matched to myriad fillings and toppings.
- Add some flair to your go-to sandwich filling! Whether it’s zesty mustard, pesto, spicy honey, or pickled vegetables there’s no better way to jazz up a too-familiar sandwich than with the addition of a strongly-flavoured condiment (or two.)
- Or try this: Grilled ham and cheese with rosemary-dijon spread
- Get out of your cold cut rut. Tired of the same old turkey? Swap out the deli meat for grilled chicken, salmon, smoked tofu, thinly sliced hard-boiled egg, or roasted veggies.
- Or try this: Spiced chicken sandwiches