Vegetarian curry recipes
Tips for making curries healthier at home
Here are our expert tips and simple swaps to making the restaurant classic curry at home.
Tips for healthier curry
- Fill your curry with a good source of vegetarian protein like legumes and beans.
- Add lots of crisp vegetables like snow peas and broccoli.
- Add flavour by using fresh ginger, spices and fresh herbs like Thai basil.
- Use a combination of light coconut milk and stock to ensure you’ll still have a rich sauce.
Tips for healthier rice
- Try swapping traditional rice for cauliflower rice. Simply put cauliflower through a food processor until finely chopped and then toss in a wok with a little water or oil. Add onion and turmeric for extra flavour. You can also buy pre-cut cauliflower rice in the fresh-produce section of most supermarkets.
- Or swap white rice for brown rice for added nutrients and a nutty flavour.
Recipes for vegetarian curries
Keen to try out some of these great tips for making healthier vego curries at home? Browse our range of vegetarian curries below to discover how tasty they can be, you will never want to buy takeaway curry again.
With recipes for Thai pumpkin and chickpea curry, with red curry paste, fresh ginger and coconut milk this rich red sauce packs a lot of flavour. Or try our egg and lentil curry with lots of spices including cardamom, turmeric and garam masala. Just looking for a super simple vegetarian curry? Go for our red vegetable curry, with 6 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes curries don't get much easier than this one.