Every ingredient in this flavoursome soup is fresh so you know it has to be good for you.
- 1000 g tomato(es), vine-ripened, (see note)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 individual celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 2 cup(s) broccoli, cut into florets
Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add roasted tomatoes, broccoli and 3 cups (750ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
Using a stick blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth. Return soup to low heat and stir until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve garnished with celery leaves.
- You can use two 400g cans of diced tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes and omit Step 1 to save cooking time.