Spicy lentil and chickpea soup
1 medium, coarsely chopped
250 g, red variety, rinsed and drained
chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), 400g size can, (1 x 400g can)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
vegetable stock cube
2 individual, to make 1.5L (6 cups) of gluten free stock
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until just starting to soften. Stir in cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lentils and stir to combine. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to process to a thick soup.
- Return pan to heat. Stir in chickpeas and 1 tablespoon of harissa paste, then simmer for 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yoghurt and remaining harissa paste.