Spiced chicken, wholemeal couscous, fig and mint salad
Raw skinless chicken breast
400 g, (Buy 2 x 200g)
Dry wholemeal couscous
¾ cup(s), (150g)
1 bunch(es), cut into 5cm lengths
150 g, halved diagonally
4 medium, cut into wedges
½ cup(s), (25g)
¼ cup(s), (15g)
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
- Place chicken, oil, cumin, paprika and ground coriander in a large bowl. Toss chicken in spice mixture to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover chicken with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before coarsely shredding.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over ¾ cup (185ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate the grains.
- Cook asparagus and snow peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine chicken, asparagus, snow peas, figs, mint and fresh coriander in a large bowl. Whisk juice, chilli and sugar in a jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve.