Seafood pie with cauliflower mash
1 large, cut into florets
Extra light cheddar cheese
1¼ cup(s), grated, (150g), grated
1 tbs, chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
2 cup(s), (500ml)
Skinless white fish
250 g, firm, skinless, cut into chunks
Reduced fat oil spread
1 clove(s), crushed
Raw peeled prawns
180 g, peeled
Frozen green peas
- Cook cauliflower in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash in a bowl until smooth. Stir in ¼ cup (30g) cheese, half the chives and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place milk, white fish and salmon in a large saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Transfer fish to a plate using a slotted spoon. Reserve poaching liquid.
- Melt spread in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and mustard, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually add reserved poaching liquid, stirring constantly, until smooth and combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add ¾ cup (90g) grated cheese, poached fish, prawns, peas and remaining chives. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity baking dish and top with cauliflower mash. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccolini until tender. Serve fish pie with broccolini.