Quinoa and kale frittata
450 g, cut into thin wedges
250 g, truss
½ cup(s), (85g) tri-colour
½ cup(s), (125ml)
2 clove(s), crushed
75 g, baby leaves
97% fat-free cottage cheese
½ cup(s), (125g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the baking tray in a single layer. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes, adding tomatoes to the tray for last 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Whisk eggs, milk and mustard together in a large jug until combined.
- Heat oil in a 24cm (base measurement) ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and kale starts to wilt. Stir in quinoa. Pour over egg mixture. Lift and tilt pan to distribute egg mixture. Top with pumpkin and cottage cheese. Transfer to oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- While the frittata is baking, heat a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook bacon for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Thinly slice into matchsticks.
- Top frittata with bacon and mint. Cut into wedges and serve with tomatoes.