Mushroom and lentil ragu with boodles
1 medium, finely chopped
1 medium, finely sliced
1 individual, finely chopped
3 clove(s), crushed
3 tsp, finely chopped
250 g, button variety, sliced
200 g, small green variety, rinsed
canned diced tomatoes
400 g, (1x400g can)
vegetable stock cube
2 whole, torn
pumpkin, butternut, raw
600 g, spiralised into boodles
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery for 10 minutes or until softened and lightly golden.
- Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook for a further minute, then add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, stock cube, 400ml water, tomato paste, bay leaves and oregano, then season to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, put boodles in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring gently halfway through the cooking time.
- Divide boodles between plates and spoon over ragu to serve.