Mixed vegetable lasagne with ricotta topping
1 large, thinly sliced
2 large, thinly sliced
2 medium, thickly sliced
800 g, thinly sliced
1 whole, thinly sliced
Swiss brown mushrooms
400 g, sliced
3 clove(s), crushed
Baby spinach leaves
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 medium, lighty beaten
Dry lasagne sheet
250 g, (6 large wholemeal sheets)
Grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 5 large baking trays with baking paper (see note). Spread eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and pumpkin over prepared trays and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until light golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook leek, mushrooms and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add spinach and thyme and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Transfer to a colander to drain excess liquid.
- Process passata and basil in a food processor until just smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Combine ricotta, egg and milk in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 6cm-deep, 34cm x 24cm rectangular baking dish with oil. Spread ½ cup (125ml) passata mixture over base of prepared dish. Top with half the pasta sheets, trimming to fit.
- Layer eggplant slices over pasta, then top with capsicum strips and pour over ½ cup (125ml) passata mixture. Top with zucchini slices, then leek mixture and pumpkin slices. Top with remaining pasta sheets, trimming to fit. Pour over remaining passata mixture.
- Crumble ricotta mixture over passata mixture, then sprinkle with parmesan. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20–25 minutes or until pasta is tender and topping is golden. Set lasagne aside for 10 minutes before serving.