Lentil patties with beetroot and spinach salad
260 g, (300g peeled), cut into chunks
Lentils, canned, rinsed, drained
240 g, (400g can)
1 clove(s), crushed
Dried chilli flakes
3 individual, thinly sliced
35 g, multi-grain
1 small, lightly beaten
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g) finely grated
Rice bran oil
Baby spinach leaves
Beetroot, canned in brine, drained
200 g, baby, quartered
Marinated feta cheese
50 g, drained
35 g, lightly toasted
1 tbs, extra virgin
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Mash potato in a large bowl until almost smooth. Add lentils and mash until combined. Add garlic, chilli, shallots, breadcrumbs, egg and parmesan and mix until well combined. Shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties.
- Heat rice bran oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine spinach, basil, beetroot, feta, pine nuts and bacon in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Serve lentil patties with salad.