Lamb cutlets with loaded bean eggplants
2 medium, halved lengthways
2 clove(s), crushed
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
480 g, (Buy 12x 50g cutlets) lean
canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), (400g can)
fresh lemon rind
1 tbs, finely grated
1 tsp, finely chopped
reduced fat feta cheese
100 g, crumbled
100 g, halved
60 g, baby
1 medium, wedges
2 x 3 second spray(s), lightly spray non-stick frying pan
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut eggplant flesh in a crisscross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin. Combine oil, garlic and paprika in a bowl. Brush oil mixture over eggplant flesh. Place, skin-side down, on prepared tray. Bake, covered with foil, for 20 minutes or until tender. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Combine beans, rind, juice, vinegar and rosemary in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon onto eggplant and sprinkle with feta.
- Serve lamb with eggplant, tomatoes, rocket and lemon wedges.