- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 150 g fresh dates, medjool variety, pitted
- 400 g canned black beans, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil, (80ml) light variety
- 1 tbs honey
- 40 g almond meal, (⅓ cup)
- 50 g Cacao powder, (½ cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder, gluten-free
- 1 medium egg(s)
- 45 g raw hazelnuts, (⅓ cup) chopped, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
Place dates in a heatproof bowl. Cover with ⅓ cup (80ml) boiling water. Cover and stand for 10 minutes. Process date mixture, black beans, oil and honey in a food processor until smooth.
Add almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and egg. Pulse until combined. Stir in hazelnuts.
Spread mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just firm to touch. Stand in tin for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Dust with 1 tsp cacao powder dusted over top.