Easter bunny bottom cupcakes
White self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (150g)
¼ cup(s), (50g)
½ cup(s), (125ml)
Reduced fat oil spread
60 g, melted
Icing sugar mixture
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
Queen Food Colour, Rose Pink
2 ml, (a few drops)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
15 piece(s), white variety, halved (20g)
115 g, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line three 12-hole (1½ tablespoon/30ml capacity) mini muffin tins with 30 paper cases.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in xylitol. Whisk buttermilk, egg and spread in a medium bowl until combined. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon mixture into prepared cases. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Set cakes aside in tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place icing sugar in a medium bowl. Add a few drops of water and pink colouring then stir until smooth (add 1-2 drops at a time so icing is pale pink and firm enough to pipe). Transfer icing to a snap-lock bag. Place coconut in a small bowl.
- Using scissors, cut a very small opening in 1 corner of the snap-lock bag. Pipe a small amount of icing onto marshmallows (for the bottoms) to stick them, cut-side down, onto cakes (you only need a little smear). Divide 30g marzipan into 30 tiny balls (for the tails). Brush with a little water and roll in coconut. Stick tails on top of marshmallows with a little more icing.
- Divide remaining marzipan into 60 pieces and shape each piece into a paw. Pipe icing onto paws to decorate. Once dry, stick paws to cake with remaining icing. Serve.