Cream of kumara soup with tomato pesto toasts
1 medium, coarsely chopped
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
Chicken stock cube
1 tbs, sprig
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
120 g, toasted (4x30g slices)
Sundried tomato pesto
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
- Fill and boil the kettle.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate potatoes using a food processor fitted with a grater blade.
- Add grated potato, stock cubes, rosemary and 3 cups (750ml) boiling water to pan and bring to the boil. Boil, covered, for 6–8 minutes or until potato has softened. Remove from heat. Discard rosemary sprig. Stir in buttermilk. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread toast with pesto. Top soup with yoghurt and sprinkle with pepper to serve.