Cheat’s quiche Lorraine
extra light tortilla
144 g, (3 x 48g tortilla)
1 medium, thinly sliced
125 g, coarsely chopped
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
vegetable stock cube
¼ individual, to make 100ml of stock
reduced-fat 15% cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and heat a baking sheet until hot. Brush one side of tortilla with 2 tsp of oil, then microwave each on high for 10 seconds to soften. Press one tortilla, oil-side-down, into the base of a 20cm cake tin or pie dish. Halve two remaining tortillas, and press around sides of the tin, making sure they overlap and leave no gaps.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until softened, add bacon and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk eggs, parsley and stock. Season with pepper.
- Scatter two-thirds of cheese over base of prepared tin. Spoon over onion mixture. Pour over egg mixture then top with remaining cheese. Transfer to hot baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set (see tip).
- Cool in tin or dish for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.