Cheat’s quiche Lorraine
144 g, (3 x 48g tortillas)
1 medium, thinly sliced
125 g, coarsely chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
Vegetable stock cube
¼ individual, to make 100ml of stock
Extra light cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C and heat a baking tray until hot. Brush one side of the tortillas with 2 teaspoons oil, then microwave each on High (100%) for 10 seconds to soften. Press one tortilla, oil-side down, into base of a 20 cm round cake tin or pie dish. Halve two remaining tortillas and press around side of tin, making sure they overlap and leave no gaps.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add bacon and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs, parsley and stock. Season with pepper.
- Scatter two-thirds of the cheese over tortillas in prepared tin or dish. Spoon over onion mixture. Pour over egg mixture then top with remaining cheese. Transfer to hot baking tray and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool in tin or dish for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.