- 2 large carrot
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, ground
- 240 g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained, (1 x 400g can)
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 12 individual cherry tomato, halved
- 4 individual celery sticks, stalks, cut into batons
Thinly slice 1 carrot and boil, steam or microwave until just tender. Drain. Cut remaining carrot into batons.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cooked carrot and stir to coat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Using a food processor or blender, process carrot mixture, chickpeas, tahini, yoghurt and juice until smooth, adding a little hot water if it becomes too thick. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve dip with tomatoes, celery and remaining carrot.
- TIP: Fresh ginger will last longer and is much easier to grate if it’s frozen. To freeze, tightly wrap, unpeeled, in plastic wrap and use as required.