Cajun-style tofu with corn salsa
1½ tsp, sweet variety
garlic, dried, powder or flakes
½ tsp, dried variety
Cayenne pepper, ground
2 cob(s), trimmed
10 individual, halved
3 individual, finely sliced
fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded and sliced
2 tbs, chopped
mixed salad leaves
6 cup(s), (180g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Wrap tofu in kitchen paper and put on a plate. Put another plate on top and weigh it down using a full can of food. Leave for 30 minutes to drain, pour off the liquid and cut into 12 slices.
- Combine thyme, paprika, oregano, garlic granules and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Dust tofu slices in the spices, then cover and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large chargrill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add corn cobs and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until they are evenly charred.
- Transfer corn to a chopping board and cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to slice corn kernels off the cobs. Leave to cool completely then toss with cherry tomatoes, shallots, chilli and coriander. Set aside.
- Lightly spray chargrill pan with oil and reheat again. Add tofu and cook on both sides for 3 minutes. Arrange salad leaves on plates and top with corn salsa and tofu.