Broccoli and cheddar quiche
5 - 6
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 5 min
Reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
122 g, 1 sheet with 18% discarded
350 g, broken into florets, stems coarsely chopped
Light cooking cream
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
Extra light cheddar cheese
50 g, grated
- Preheat oven. Line a 21cm shallow, loose-bottom tart tin with pastry and trim excess. Place tin on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper and fill with pastry weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake for a further 5-8 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, blanch broccoli in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, cream, mustard and 40g of the cheese in a jug.
- Scatter broccoli over base of pastry case then pour over egg mixture. Scatter over remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set but still wobbles slightly in centre when gently shaken.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before releasing from tin and serving.
TIP: Top the quiche with 100g halved cherry tomatoes before baking. The quiche can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.