Use white beans, not cream, to whip up a hip and healthy dip! Perfect for a satisfying afternoon snack, or for when catching up with friends.
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 1 regular wholemeal pita bread, (1x68g) halved, split
- 1 can(s) Cannellini beans, canned, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, (1 bunch) leaves picked
- 60 g reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 clove(s) garlic, large
Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray both sides of pita with oil.
Cook pita for 2 minutes each side or until brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
Process beans, basil, feta, juice, rind and garlic in a food processor until almost smooth. Season dip with salt and pepper.
Break pita into bite-sized pieces and serve with dip.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Vegetable sticks, such as carrot, celery and capsicum. TIP: Store cooled pita chips in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Store dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Remove dip from fridge 15 minutes before serving so it isn’t too cold.