Barbecued pork fried rice
lean pork fillet
240 g, (buy 300g), fat trimmed, halved lengthways
Lee Kum Kee, Sauce, Char Siu
2 medium, lightly beaten
120 g, cut into 2.5cm lengths
frozen green peas
1½ cup(s), corn and carrots
2 clove(s), crushed
white boiled rice
2 cup(s), chilled
reduced salt soy sauce
2 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
½ cup(s), chopped
1 bunch(es), cut into 6cm lengths, steamed to serve
- Using a sharp knife, cut shallow slits in a crisscross pattern over both sides of pork. Combine char sui sauce and 1 tablespoon cold water in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high. Line a baking dish with foil and place a wire rack inside. Place pork on rack. Drizzle with half the honey. Grill for 7 minutes or until browned. Turn pork. Drizzle with remaining honey. Grill for 5–7 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool before slicing thinly.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and swirl to coat. Add egg and swirl to coat wok. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Transfer egg to a board. Roll up and slice thinly.
- Reheat wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds. Stir-fry beans and frozen vegetable mixture for 3 minutes or until beans are tender. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add rice, soy sauce and sliced pork. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until rice is heated through. Add sprouts and half the shallots and stir to combine.
- Spoon fried rice into bowls. Top with sliced egg, coriander and remaining shallots. Drizzle with oyster sauce and serve with gai lan.