Baked mushroom and egg nests
SmartPoints® value per serving
A large field mushroom makes the perfect egg 'ring' that can be baked in the oven as you toast the bread.
1 whole, field
1 slice(s), wholegrain, (40g)
Reduced fat oil spread
1 tsp, finely chopped
1 cup(s), (30g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Wipe mushroom with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Using a sharp knife, remove the stalk, making an indentation in the mushroom but not cutting right through.
- Lightly spray both sides of the mushroom with oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a small, non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Place the mushroom, top-side up, into the pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes until lightly golden, then turn mushroom over.
- Break the egg into a small bowl. Carefully pour the egg into the mushroom, guiding the yolk into the indentation. Bake in the pan in the oven for 2–3 minutes or until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Meanwhile, toast sourdough and spread with canola spread. Sprinkle mushroom with chives and serve with toast and rocket leaves.