These savoury muffins are perfect for batch cooking and freezing so you always have a handy snack nearby.
120 g, finely chopped
45 g, (buy 50g), fat trimmed, finely chopped
Green olives, drained
10 individual, pitted, finely chopped
Extra light cheddar cheese
⅓ cup(s), grated, (40g) grated
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
White self-raising flour
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 6-hole ⅓ cup (80ml) capacity non-stick muffin tray with oil.
- Combine zucchini and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave safe bowl. Season with salt. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes. Drain. Coarsely mash with a fork.
- Lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine bacon, eggs, olives, cheese, milk, oil and zucchini in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in flour until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool muffins in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm or cooled.
To freeze, pack into a reusable container and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature or reheat in the microwave until hot.