Aussie meat pie
1 medium, finely chopped
Extra lean beef mince
Beef stock cube
1 individual, dissolved in 1 cup hot water
2 tbs, dissolved in 2 tbs warm water
Reduced-fat puff pastry
2 sheet(s), slightly thawed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Spray 4 x 15cm diameter pie tins with oil and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add onion and cook, stirring for 10 minutes, or until soft and golden. Increase heat to high and add mince. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes breaking up any lumps with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add stock and oyster sauce, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, or until liquid has reduced. Add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile cut pastry sheet into quarters to make 4 squares. Line pie tins with 4 of the pastry squares and fill with an equal amount of mince mixture. Place remaining pastry squares on top, gathering and pressing the pastry bottom and pastry top together so that mixture doesn't escape during cooking. Place pies on an oven tray and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Rotate oven tray during baking, to evenly brown the pastry.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins and serving.