Apple and cinnamon scrolls
White self-raising flour
1 tsp, (7g sachet)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Reduced fat oil spread
½ cup(s), warmed
1 medium, (red), cored, finely chopped
- Combine flour, yeast and caster sugar in bowl. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre. Combine spread, milk and buttermilk in a jug and pour into well. Use a wooden spoon to mix together until combined. Use your hands to bring dough together in bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary. Place dough in a clean bowl sprayed with oil. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm spot to prove for 1 hr, or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Spray a 18cm x 25cm deep tin with oil and set aside. Knead dough again for a further 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place dough on a sheet of baking paper and roll out to a 26cm x 36cm rectangle.
- Combine apple, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough. Roll up firmly to enclose filling and form a log.
- Cut dough log into 8 even slices and place side by side on prepared tray. Cover with a tea towel and set aside to prove for a further 20 minutes. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Best served warm.