Healthier You | WW UK
How to register?
If you think you may be at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes and have not been able to visit your GP then you can complete a simple survey via the link. If this indicates that you are at high risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes you may be able to self refer yourself provided you meet the eligibility criteria. We strongly recommend that if you are at high risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes you make an appointment with your GP.
Referred by GP
If your GP has sent you a letter which confirms that you are at risk of Type 2 diabetes, you will be able to register for the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme in partnership with WW. Please do not complete this form if you have already registered for the DPP programme – registering a second time could delay your referral.
Eligibility criteria to join the programme
- Age 18 – 79
- Not pregnant
- Not diagnosed as already having Type 2 diabetes
- Registered with a GP practice in one of our delivery areas
- Either a HbA1c reading of 42-47 or a Know Your Risk score of 16+
- High glucose levels - Find out what this means here
- Able to take part in light/moderate physical activity
- Your NHS number
- Latest HbA1c or FPG reading*, including the date and your GP surgery name
- Aged 18 or over
- Not pregnant
There are required fields, and referrals without this information cannot be processed.
There are 3.9 million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body either doesn’t produce enough insulin or the insulin it does produce doesn’t work properly (insulin resistance). It can be a combination of both.
Diabetes can cause serious long-term health problems. It’s a leading cause of vision loss in people of working age. It’s also responsible for most cases of kidney failure and lower limb amputation (other than accidents). People with diabetes are at least twice as likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke than those without diabetes. It’s therefore essential to be diagnosed as early as possible because Type 2 diabetes is likely to get worse if left untreated.
The risk of Type 2 diabetes can be reduced by getting support to lose weight (where appropriate), getting more physically active and eating healthy food. Furthermore, the risk of COVID-19 related in-hospital death is doubled by Type 2 diabetes.
Your local Healthier You service has a range of personalised support to help you do just that. From helping you eat well, to tips on weight loss and physical activity, the service is here to support you on your journey back to a Healthier You. To help you keep focused and motivated on your goals, you’ll have 9 months FREE access to trained health coaches, and you’ll be able to meet other people in your area who are also trying to reduce their risk of Type 2 diabetes. Although the programme is normally delivered in groups at different times and locations, right now it’s offered over telephone or group video conference, or online through apps and websites
- Access to specificed Diabetes Prevention Workbook to support you for 9 months.
- 1:1 support and motivation throughout their journey, with members able to access a coach via 24/7 chat, connect and social media.
- WellnessWinsTM - To inspire healthy habits, WellnessWins, rewards members for small, everyday behaviours that are proven to lead to healthier habits
- Partnership with Headspace - Mindset is an essential part of overall wellness,
- FitPoints 2.0 - Encourages activity choices based on what will have the greatest impact on an individual’s health and wellness.
- Dedicated Type 2 Connect Groups
- Weight tracker enabling you to log your weekly weight and see progress.
- An up to date food database of over 100,000 basic, branded and restaurant choices, at their fingertips which includes foods suitable for all cultural needs
- Barcode scanning functionality that enables you to simply scan a barcode of any packaged food, instantly see the SmartPoints value of it for easy calculation and tracking
- A comprehensive library of content including articles and video formats on behaviour change advice and tactics, how to cooking skills, activity motivation and inspiration, and fitness videos and wellbeing ideas.
(Current provided remotely)
- All the same benefits of digital and more
- You’ll be invited to join a local WW Workshop that you can attend weekly for up to 9 months, where you will receive expert guidance and support from trained WW Coaches.
- You’ll eat what you love, with our proven SmartPoints® system that will guide you towards healthier eating.
- You’ll receive content and videos tailored to type 2 diabetes risk reduction.
- You’ll learn to think in new ways to focus on what matters to achieve your goals.
- You’ll find what moves you, so you can feel strong and be proud of what your body can do.
- You’ll be part of a community, with 24/7 Online Coach support; and join a group of like-minded people in our social network, Connect.
- Access to dedicated remote workshops weekly
- Can access via app, desktop or telephone
How to join?
If you have been told you are at risk of diabetes and meet the criteria, you can access the local Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme service in the following ways:
- A referral from your GP or nurse
- A referral from a Health Check professional
- Carried out the Diabetes UK Know Your Risk tool.
- Received a letter from your surgery inviting you to join the Healthier You programme?
Call us on 0345 999 0003 or register below:
As part of your Digital Healthier You journey
the NHS require you to submit your weight every 3 months choose below how you'd like to do this.
- Take a picture of your weight from your scales at home
- Send picture to email@example.com including your H No:XXXXXX
- Add your weight onto your digital account.
1. Find your local here
2. Visit your chosen Pharmacy and ask to be weighed as part of the WW digital NDPP programme. Show them your WW reference number starting with H007.
3. Add your weight onto your digital account.
The NHS & WW have partnered with Cambridge University to create a questionnaire designed to find out about your physical activity in your everyday life in the last 4 weeks. Your participation is valuable as this will provide us with a baseline of your physical activity which can then be tracked to monitor your progress*.
Please, could you fill out the questionnaire by clicking on the link below when you first join:
and at the end of your programme:
Been referred by your healthcare professional?
- Once we've received your details from your healthcare professional, you'll receive an email or letter from WW within 3 working days.
- On receiving this email/letter, please call us at your earliest convenience on 0345 999 0004 to discuss how the programme will support you for the next 9 months.
- If you have not heard from us, please contact us on 0345 999 0004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WW is looking to conduct some market research with participants. This will help us better understand what’s working well, and what’s not, and it will help us improve our service going forward. If you are interested please contact us on: email@example.com
- Don't forget to bookmark this page as we will update it from time to time with relevant information