Wholemeal spaghetti with silverbeet and ricotta
125 g, finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
4 cup(s), (1 bunch), leaves shredded
Dry wholemeal pasta
250 g, (spaghetti)
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
Grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat half the oil in the same pan. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 4 minutes or until light golden. Add to the bacon.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook the silverbeet, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Return the bacon and onion mixture to the pan.
- Add the silverbeet mixture, ricotta and half the parmesan to the spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan to serve.